Digitisation without the right technology is difficult. Since the 1970s, information systems have helped managers determine the quantity and timing of raw material purchases. Over time, this system was no longer sufficient, as it did not cover all the data necessary for planning and monitoring production and thus the need arose to integrate all the elements regarding the manufacturing process, in a way that would facilitate the best decisions. to production managers to increase the efficiency of production lines.
This is how the concept of Smart Factory was born, a system that integrates all the elements involved in the manufacturing process: human resources, production equipment and raw materials. The goal is the Smart Factory, which is characterised by adaptability, resource efficiency and ergonomics, as well as the integration of customers and business partners in business processes. Its technological foundation consists of cybernetic systems and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Undoubtedly, KIM is an innovative and highly competitive tool that has completely changed the traditional method of inventory control and management. A fully automated software for manufacturing resource planning, which has framed an efficient production program and which can allow any company to intelligently manage its operating expenses by optimising operational processes, time and human capital. The data collected through KIM allows companies to develop an effective strategy for the future and predict how their overall strategy may affect business profitability.
KIM for Manufacturing gives you the real-time control over the production planning, production follow-up and optimises the flows and stocks of raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods through different stages of production by intelligently combining mobility, digital labelling and full functionality from MES (Manufacturing Execution System), MRP (Material Resource Planner) and production-oriented WMS (warehouse management systems).
• The production planning tracks customer!s recipes of processes, machines, operators and operations in a timely and spatial manner in order to ensure an efficient usage. It is able to either create or import the technological steps from dedicated software and allows smart reuse of groups of operations or materials to ensure fast data-entry.
• It documents quantitative inventories on the field, in real-time. Nonconforming materials that found at material reception, storage or during the production chain are documented together with potential items recovered.
Is KIM for Manufacturing for you?
KIM for manufacturing is widely used by manufacturing enterprises and production plants, and it is getting traction in related fields of regulated smaller production units where proof of production operations is needed.
How can be integrated?
The solution is available as an on-premise Windows application communicating with an instance of SQL Server. The production planning module is conveniently a web module and thus it may be accessed remotely in the company!s intranet. The mobile application is installed on Android devices, with the capability of printing identification labels for products (Barcode, QR code, RFID).
Optionally, the solution is able to both import and export data from/to a series of supported standard ERP Systems (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, QAD Inc, CROS) or Business Intelligence Tools (Power BI). Data import/export and integration with non-standard ERP Systems or other Information Systems is available separately, billed on a time-and-material basis.
Optionally, for sheet metal production units, it can import cutting patterns from applications such as Metalix or similar.
KIM for Manufacturing features
✅ Tracks raw material ordering, reception, storage and consumption through POs, GRNs, inventories, Material request forms and confirms their movement
with actual mobile scans
✅ Creates or imports recipes for finished/semi-finished goods, operations and materials.
✅ Creates POs (production orders) based on stored production recipes
✅ Follow-up of production orders progress, via mobile scans of materials,
equipment and operators ensuring that the production order flow of operations is respected and followed precisely
✅ May import and export data to/from ERPs. Also it may import POs (purchase orders) from connected systems, useful when order management is sub- leased.
- Production planning module – Web Application deployed either in Cloud or locally
- Warehousing and Production preparation modules – Windows WinForms application installed on workstations
- Mobile application
- Scans and prints barcodes, QR codes, NFCs (materials or scanners acquired separately)
- Optional integration with customer!s ERP solution, whether standard (included) or custom (additional fees apply)
- Optional integration for sheet metal manufacturing – imports cutting plans from CAD applications such as Metalix